Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in most industrialized countries.According to a study in the New England Journal of Medicine, researchers believe that as many as four out of five heart attacks could be prevented if people followed a "heart-healthy" lifestyle. Additionally, up to 50% of all diabetes cases are believed to be manageable through diet and exercise alone. According to the American Heart Association, the risk factors that contribute to heart disease include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high-fat and high-salt diets, and low levels of physical activity.
Healthy diet, regular exercise, and effective stress management are the most important factors for reducing long-term disease risk and improving overall health. Most of us know this already. The problem lies with implementation. We know what to do; we just don’t know where to begin, or how to make it work for us. A further struggle is that different people’s bodies respond differently to different diets. What works for one person may not work for another.
Additionally, many of us know that vitamins, minerals, and other supplements can be a wonderful addition to a healthy plan, but may be nervous about adding these. Not all supplements are the same – there may be drastic differences in quality and effectiveness depending on the manufacturer. One must use caution when choosing supplements as well, to ensure that there are no contraindications or drug interactions, and to be sure you are taking the right supplement for your condition. Nutrients can be a very powerful and effective intervention when used in a targeted manner to correct underlying imbalances, to bring safe and effective symptom relief, and to supplement a healthy lifestyle.
Nutrition and lifestyle interventions only work if they are customized to fit the individual. You can always expect an individualized program at Wellness Revolution Health Center. Each patient unique, and programs are customized around their health condition, personal and family health history, applied kinesiology and lab testing when appropriate, budget, culture, family context, food preferences, and many other factors. You receive a diet, supplement, exercise, and lifestyle plan that best supports you, and that you can integrate into your daily life easily and for the rest of your life. Vitamins, minerals, herbs, and other supplements are recommended, when necessary, as part of an overall therapeutic plan, with an eye towards correcting underlying imbalances and supporting health.
Those patients who may benefit most are:
- Those with metabolic issues or concerns (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high blood sugar, heart disease, diabetes, etc.)
- Those with digestive upsets, diseases or disorders (reflux disease, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohns Disease, colitis, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, etc.)
- Those with an autoimmune disorder (Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, etc.)
- Those with food, environmental, or chemical allergies or sensitivities (including Celiac Sprue, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, and other conditions)
- Parents looking for ways to improve their family’s diet
- Those looking to safely lose weight, with an eye towards overall health and emotional well-being
- Competitive athletes looking to improve performance
- Those undergoing medical treatments for other illnesses or disorders (chemotherapy, radiation, surgeries, dialysis, or other treatments)
- Those struggling with stress management
- Those struggling with mood disorders, attention, learning, or memory challenges
- Anyone looking to improve their overall health and wellness and learn more about things they can do NOW to improve their health for a lifetime!
At Wellness Revolution Health Center you will find expertise in cutting edge holistic nutrition. Individualize plans are safely customized in regards to allergies, illnesses or physical limitations, budget, food preferences, prescription medications, and other factors. There is also a 12-week support group and lecture series for patients who wish to deepen their understanding of health and wellness, or who are looking for additional support in making comprehensive health changes.
Patients with numerous conditions can greatly benefit from nutrition and therapeutic lifestyle counseling (TLC). Nutrition and counseling is not aimed at curing a disease. It is targeted to help reduce the reliance on medication, and put you in charge of your own health. (The programs utilized were originally developed by the National Health Institute and recommended before medication for many conditions. Unfortunately, most providers do not have the time, knowledge or resources to implement these protocols.)
If you have questions, please give us a call. Dr. Pierce or Bari Mandelbaum, can help you determine if you are a candidate for Therapeutic Lifestyle Counseling (TLC).